Foundry - Modo
Modo’s powerful and flexible 3D modeling, texturing and rendering toolset empowers artists to explore and develop ideas without jumping through technical hoops. With new and flexible licensing options artists can work where they want and adapt the licenses to the current workload. Modo® is your starting point for creative exploration. Download Modo 12.2 here.
Foundry Modo 12.2 product video
News in Modo 12.2
Modo 12.2 is packed full of key updates in animation, modeling, UI and viewport quality. Here is a short new feature and improvment extract. For a complete list, see v12.2 release notes here (PDF).
- GPU accelerated rendering with Optix from NVIDIA
- Improvements to the Schematic Viewport making it easier to organize, read and control functions
- Graph editor and rigging workflow enhancements that streamline the animation experience
- Add, remove and re-organize a collection of buttons in any Modo form or custom forms with the new Workbench
- Major updates to the Modo Bridge ensuring faster and more reliable data interoperability
- Dozens of updates to Modo’s procedural modeling and award-winning MeshFusion features, like Hybrid Strip Topology and New Corner Geometry
License Types and Options
Modo comes as individual or floating licenses, and with the Modo Maintenance and Modo Subscription options licenses can be tailored for any team, project or assignment.
These are traditional perpetual Modo licenses that are tied to a single user. This license is great for a single user who may need to run Modo on more than one machine but at different times. One year Maintenance is included with new perpetual licenses.
Floating licenses (Multi-seat)
These perpetual licenses allow a given number of users on a network to run Modo at the same time. One year Maintenance is included with new perpetual licenses. Floating licenses are great for:
- users who want to make the application available to as many people as possible without buying the application for everyone
- users who are happy to share a specific number of licenses which are available to everyone on the network. Licenses are distributed on a first come first served basis. When the user quits the application the license becomes available for someone else to use
- With Multi-seat licenses you can roam a license. Roaming allows a user with a floating license to temporarily take one of the available licenses off-site. While that license is off-site, the count of available licenses on the license server is reduced by one, so no extra usage of the product is possible.
Note: These floating licenses are different from RLM floating licenses for other Foundry products and are not managed from a central license server. Please contact our Sales team if you are interested in RLM floating licenses for Modo.
Modo Maintenance option
With Modo Maintenance attached to your individual or floating Modo license you will get every update and new release while your Maintenance remains valid, as soon as it is available. If you stop paying for Maintenance you keep your working license on its last update. To stay current with the latest technology you should renew Modo Maintenance. You can enjoy the flexibility of login-based licensing* to work where you want – no more tedious license transfers.
Modo Subscription option*
With Modo Subscription you get the latest technology for a monthly or annual time period. You will get every update and new release while your Subscription remains valid, as soon as it is available. You can enjoy the flexibility of login-based licensing to work where you want – forget tedious license transfers. Plan your Subscription budget with a set of flexible payment options. When the period you paid for is up the Modo Subscription license will no longer work. Maintenance license option not included.
* Login-based licensing and Subscription requires that you connect to the Internet at least once every 30 days.
|Software type||3D visualization|