Foundry - Modo 14
Modo 14 brings you the creative workflows that enable you to create at the speed of thought. Modo defines the standard for fast, innovative modeling and uv workflows while accelerating artistic output with with GPU accelerated rendering, flexible UI customization and reliable export.
Modo 14 product videos
Modo 14 comes with several new features and improvements that help speed up your workflow and open up new creative possibilities. Here are some of the news, see a complete list here.
Animation och riggingMarkup: The Markup tool allows you to draw directly onto selected camera views so you can add annotations, notes, and comments to your animations or stills. For more information, see here.
- Unbevel: unbevel collapses beveled faces between two selected edge loops. For more information, see here.
- Add Point Option for Edge Relax: This option allows you to insert new points or remove existing ones along selected edges. See more here.
- Face Slide: The Slide tool has a new Face mode, which allows you to slide a vertex on a connected face. See here for more.
Surface Strip Embossing: A new workflow that allows you to create embossed surface strips on Fusion Items using simple, Bezier, B-Spline curves, or text. See more here.
Workflow and UI Improvements
Always Raycast Option for Element Move - This option allows you to manipulate polygons in Wireframe viewport mode. When disabled, only vertices and edges can be edited in Wireframe mode. See more here.
License Types and Options
Modo comes as individual or floating licenses, and with the Modo Maintenance and Modo Subscription options licenses can be tailored for any team, project or assignment.
These are traditional perpetual Modo licenses that are tied to a single user. This license is great for a single user who may need to run Modo on more than one machine but at different times. One year Maintenance is included with new perpetual licenses.
Floating licenses (Multi-seat)
These perpetual licenses allow a given number of users on a network to run Modo at the same time. One year Maintenance is included with new perpetual licenses. Floating licenses are great for:
- users who want to make the application available to as many people as possible without buying the application for everyone
- users who are happy to share a specific number of licenses which are available to everyone on the network. Licenses are distributed on a first come first served basis. When the user quits the application the license becomes available for someone else to use
- With Multi-seat licenses you can roam a license. Roaming allows a user with a floating license to temporarily take one of the available licenses off-site. While that license is off-site, the count of available licenses on the license server is reduced by one, so no extra usage of the product is possible.
Note: These floating licenses are different from RLM floating licenses for other Foundry products and are not managed from a central license server. Please contact our Sales team if you are interested in RLM floating licenses for Modo.
Modo Maintenance option
With Modo Maintenance attached to your individual or floating Modo license you will get every update and new release while your Maintenance remains valid, as soon as it is available. If you stop paying for Maintenance you keep your working license on its last update. To stay current with the latest technology you should renew Modo Maintenance. You can enjoy the flexibility of login-based licensing* to work where you want – no more tedious license transfers.
Modo Subscription option*
With Modo Subscription you get the latest technology for a monthly or annual time period. You will get every update and new release while your Subscription remains valid, as soon as it is available. You can enjoy the flexibility of login-based licensing to work where you want – forget tedious license transfers. Plan your Subscription budget with a set of flexible payment options. When the period you paid for is up the Modo Subscription license will no longer work. Maintenance license option not included.
* Login-based licensing and Subscription requires that you connect to the Internet at least once every 30 days.
See updated Modo system requirements here.
Free 30 day trial version
Try Modo 13 today, download a 30 trial version here.
Creative Tools is your authorized Foundry reseller. For questions regarding Modo please contact us.
|Software type||3D visualization|
|License Type||New license|