Autodesk - Arnold
Tip! Get a 3 year subscription instead of a 1 year subscription, and save 10% of the total cost compared to a 1 year subscription for 3 years.
Autodesk Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects. Arnold is used at hundreds of studios and creators worldwide including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill and Digic Pictures. Since version 5, Arnold is the built-in interactive renderer for Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max. Available as a standalone renderer on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, with plug-ins for Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Foundry Katana, Autodesk Softimage, and Houdini.
Autodesk Arnold product videos
News in Arnold 6
Arnold can now be used for production rendering on both CPU and GPU, empowering users to choose the renderer best suited to their specific needs and workflow. Arnold GPU now supports OSL, OpenVDB volumes, most LPEs, lights, shaders, and all cameras. For a complete overview see release notes. See known GPU limitations on this page. News in Arnold 6 include:
• Improved support for Open Shading Language (OSL)
• Optimized for NVIDIA RTX Hardware: Take advantage of the latest technology to scale up rendering power when production demands it
• Improved support for OpenVDB volumes
• On-demand texture loading: Textures are now loaded on-demand instead of at the start of the render, helping to reduce memory usage and save time to first pixel
• Improved startup time: Time to first pixel is now faster thanks to a number of improvements including more efficient NVIDIA OptiX™ caching
• X-Rite AxF support in MtoA plug-in
• Shadow Matte shader: A first version of the new Shadow Matte shader has been added to the GPU renderer
More features in Arnold
See more on Autodesk Arnold 6 release notes here.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|License Type||New license|