Autodesk - Arnold 5
Autodesk Arnold is an advanced Monte Carlo ray tracing renderer built for the demands of feature-length animation and visual effects. Originally co-developed with Sony Pictures Imageworks and now their main renderer, Arnold is used at over 300 studios worldwide including ILM, Framestore, MPC, The Mill and Digic Pictures. Since version 5.0 Arnold is the built-in interactive renderer for Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max. It is available as a standalone renderer on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, with plug-ins for Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, Foundry Katana, Autodesk Softimage, and Houdini.
Autodesk Arnold product videos
New in Arnold 5.3
- Arnold 5.3 offers artists a first taste of Arnold GPU with a public beta version, giving you the flexibility to switch seamlessly between CPU or GPU rendering, optimized for NVIDIA RTX
- Adaptive Sampling: Major improvements to the quality and performance for adaptive sampling will significantly reduce render times, without jeopardizing final image quality
- Improved version of Randomwalk SSS mode for more realistic shading
- Enhanced usability for Standard Surface, giving users more control
- Improvements to the Operator framework including a new Include operator and a more artist-friendly way to apply them
- Bump mapping precision improvements
- Better sampling of Skydome lights, reducing direct illumination noise
- Updates to support for MaterialX, allowing users to save a shading network as a MaterialX look
- New Instancer procedural
More features in Arnold
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|License Type||New license|