Foundry - Mari
With the artist-friendly 3D paint tools you need to make the most of your creativity, together with the power and performance to handle even the most complex assets, Foundry's Mari® is the clear choice for today’s challenging VFX, animation and games productions.
Able to handle millions of polygons and multiple high-resolution textures without slowing down, Mari takes care of the technical issues so you can focus your energy on using the intuitive brushes and powerful layering system to build up detail where it matters most.
Featuring a real-time interactive environment that directly supports Arnold, V-Ray, Redshift and Unreal shaders, plus a fully integrated workflow with Modo for rendering and baking, Mari gives you the confidence that your textures will look the way you intended in the end result. And as you would expect from Foundry, Mari offers all the avenues for customization you need to make it a perfect fit in your pipeline.
Foundry Mari product videos
- Paint quickly and intuitively in 3D with artist-friendly paint tools, powerful layering, adjustments, procedurals and advanced masking
- Keep your creativity flowing in an interactive environment that won’t slow you down, even with the most complex assets and highest resolution textures
- Work in a high-fidelity context that closely matches your target platform, with physically based BRDF shading and HDR environment lighting.
- Eliminate frustrating and time-consuming multi-application workflows with integrated Arnold, V-Ray, Redshift and Unreal shaders, and Modo rendering and baking
- Enjoy seamless pipeline integration with support for industry-standard formats, OpenColorIO, extensive APIs and Python scripting
News in Mari 4.5
Here is a selection of new features in Mari 4.5. See a complete overview here.
Mari now features a workflow for rapid application of material presets that describes the look of a surface in Mari using a new file format containing the information Mari needs to make an area of an asset look like a particular material.
Material Ingest Tool
Mari now features a tool that allows artists to quickly convert any set of texture maps into a Mari material preset.
Mari now features a new type of layer that applies a Material file to a project through a simple and familiar layering workflow, which is more compatible with artists that are more familiar with Photoshop than with complex 3D programs.
Improved Node Graph User Experience
- Expose node properties of a Group node by clicking the Promote button
- Multi-Port Batch connection: you can now batch connect sibling output ports to similar sibling input ports.
- Group nodes now support more than one output.
Multi-Channel Group Layers
Mari now features a Group layer type that spans multiple painting Channels.
Arnold Standard Surface Shader
Mari now features an approximation of the Arnold Standard Surface vendor shader.
Foundry – Maintenance
As part of maintenance, you’ll get all new features, bug fixes and updates, through both minor and major releases. In addition, you get exclusive access to both technical support, and to beta programs, where your voice helps to shape the future of our products.