Foundry - Mari
With the artist-friendly 3D paint tools you need to make the most of your creativity, together with the power and performance to handle even the most complex assets, Foundry's Mari® is the clear choice for today’s challenging VFX, animation and games productions.
Able to handle millions of polygons and multiple high-resolution textures without slowing down, Mari takes care of the technical issues so you can focus your energy on using the intuitive brushes and powerful layering system to build up detail where it matters most.
Featuring a real-time interactive environment that directly supports Arnold, V-Ray, Redshift and Unreal shaders, plus a fully integrated workflow with Modo for rendering and baking, Mari gives you the confidence that your textures will look the way you intended in the end result. And as you would expect from Foundry, Mari offers all the avenues for customization you need to make it a perfect fit in your pipeline.
- Paint quickly and intuitively in 3D with artist-friendly paint tools, powerful layering, adjustments, procedurals and advanced masking
- Keep your creativity flowing in an interactive environment that won’t slow you down, even with the most complex assets and highest resolution textures
- Work in a high-fidelity context that closely matches your target platform, with physically based BRDF shading and HDR environment lighting.
- Eliminate frustrating and time-consuming multi-application workflows with integrated Arnold, V-Ray, Redshift and Unreal shaders, and Modo rendering and baking
- Enjoy seamless pipeline integration with support for industry-standard formats, OpenColorIO, extensive APIs and Python scripting
New features in Mari 4.2
Mari 4.2 brings the highly-requested mirror projection feature that dramatically increases artist efficiency, accuracy and creative control! Artists can work faster, with simultaneous, symmetrical painting workflows. Mirror masking prevents paint overlapping across the mirror plane. And the mirror plane position can be adjusted, giving the artist freedom on where the symmetrical paint will fall.
Foundry – Maintenance
As part of maintenance, you’ll get all new features, bug fixes and updates, through both minor and major releases. In addition, you get exclusive access to both technical support, and to beta programs, where your voice helps to shape the future of our products.