Autodesk - 3ds Max 2017
Industry professionals rely on Autodesk® 3ds Max® software in their day-to-day, and the 2017 release is all about working more efficiently and creatively. The latest version gives artists the 3D tools they need to help create whatever their industry demands with speed and efficiency, with numerous updates and improvements to modeling, animation, and rendering tools, as well as streamlined workflows.
Artists can now manipulate and model objects faster than ever with object tool enhancements, simplified controls and UV mapping updates. Trackview improvements, improvements to the Motion Panel and animation presets have also been made for a boost in Animation Productivity, along with a new look and scale to the latest High DPI displays. Scene Converter will make moving from one renderer to another or to real-time engines near seamless and consistent, while the new Autodesk® Raytracer Renderer (ART) will allow users to achieve near photo-real images and videos. Finally, 3ds Max users will enjoy a tighter integration with their pipeline tools thanks to its extended and improved Python/.NET toolset.
New Look & High DPI Display Support
3ds Max 2017 will have a fresh new look and feel, and scale to the latest High DPI displays giving it the ability to successfully run on HDPI monitors and laptops while correctly applying Windows display scaling, making the UI more legible. This will also include a new Qt based skin that applies the modern appearance as defined in the new visual style guide, as well as modern multi scale icons.
UV Mapping Updates
UVW Unwrap has been overhauled to help streamline the workflow and increase performance with dense geometry and high-res maps. It’s now easier than ever to unwrap models by defining seams point to point while previewing the edge selection, cutting and unfolding the clusters in one simple mode. Peel is immediate, with vastly improved accuracy and symmetry. Distortion can be visualized in a shaded cluster view or with new checkered maps that provide more feedback on the model. This is useful for interactive adjustments made with the new Relax paintbrush. Additionally, support has been added for multi-tile layout, as well as many workflow improvements such as access to material IDs, and improved selection methods.
3ds Max Asset Library
At no additional cost to users of 3ds Max 2016 and higher, accessing and managing model libraries is easier than ever with the 3ds Max Asset Library. Installed from the Autodesk Exchange App Store, users now have quick access to their local and networked model libraries by simply searching assets and dragging and dropping them into a scene. Users will be able to easily add locations to assets for fast searching.
Autodesk Raytracer Renderer (ART)
Create near photo-real images and videos with the new Autodesk Raytracer Renderer. ART is a fast, physically-based renderer, ideal for design visualization workflows used in Revit®, Inventor®, Fusion 360™, and certain other Autodesk applications. ART rendering in 3ds Max provides a familiar workflow and similar results for users moving data from these applications, featuring minimalistic settings, CPU-only operation, and excellent use of image-based lighting. ART helps provide quick, near photorealistic results for most industrial, product, and architectural exterior rendering. Thanks to support for IES and photometric lights from Revit, users will be able to create highly near accurate images of architectural scenes.
- Provides a fast, interactive workflow when combined with the ActiveShade window, allowing users to quickly manipulate lights, materials, and objects, all the while seeing the results refine progressively.
- Includes an image Noise Filter that can help reduce render times, and improve the quality of the rendering.
- Ideal for architectural, product, and industrial renderings and animations.
Fast Form Hard Surfaces
Create hard surface forms quicker and more efficiently with a new set of reliable modeling tools, such as updated Booleans which are now easier to work with and offer double precision and more reliable results. Adding and removing operands, as well as sorting or creating nested Booleans has also been simplified. The Bevel Profile Modifier has the same bevel controls introduced in the TextPlus tool, allowing for artists to create their desired bevel or use the same presets in TextPlus.
Object Tool Enhancements
Selecting and manipulating objects has been enhanced to make modeling, animating and certain other tasks more efficient and creative with the help of several improvements:
- Working Pivot can now be accessed without having to go to the hierarchy panel. There is a new option called Pin Working Pivot, which when turned on, the Working Pivot stays in the same place while other objects are selected. When off, the Working Pivot resets its position once the artist makes a new selection. Edit Working Pivot has a new caddy that allows the artist to reset, accept or cancel the modifications to the Working Pivot placement.
- Local Align is a new feature found in the Reference Coordinate System dropdown on the main toolbar. Only applicable to the edit poly modifier and editable poly, this new axis align method allows the artist to get a more predictable result when applying different transforms to a sub object selection.
- Sub Object Pick simplifies the task of switching between different sub-object modes (vertex, edge, face and boundary) by making one hotkey shift between modes. This allows the artist to spend less time searching and more time focusing on their project. This is only for the edit poly modifier and editable poly.
- Point to Point Selection helps save users time by reducing the need to access hidden areas and modes to select sub object elements. They can now select point to point by holding the Shift key, whereas in previous releases of Max, the artist could hold Shift and select two adjacent elements to make a loop selection. If the artist selects non-adjacent elements, they'll be selecting point to point with a preview so that they can see exactly what is being selected. This is only for the edit poly modifier and editable poly.
With improvements to 3ds Max software’s Animation Productivity, we have focused on facilitating the experience for animators. Day to day tasks such as key framing, selection and key manipulation have been enhanced to help animators focus on the character’s performance rather than the tool. We have re-designed the default layout and no matter which layout you use, it will persist between Max sessions. The Motion panel, which represents the control center of the animation rig, has been enhanced to allow direct activation of controllers in a list, controller reset, and copy/pasting between tracks. Custom Attributes have also been enhanced to allow the saving and loading of preset values, allowing the animator to quickly jump between poses.
With more rendering technology being available, the Scene Converter will make moving from one renderer to another as well as to real-time engines near seamless and consistent. Easily migrate scenes between rendering technologies or quickly prepare for realtime engines including properly setting lights, materials and certain other features with the Scene Converter. Users can easily customize and fine-tune the existing conversion scripts via a simple UI to help create Source to Target batch conversion rules. As more rendering technologies become available, Scene Converter capabilities can be easily extended via new presets from Autodesk and the user community, and the script-based converters can be fine-tuned to meet individual needs.
Pipeline Tools Integration
3ds Max enjoys a tighter integration with several pipeline tools with the help of its newly extended and improved Python/.NET toolset. Integrating the use of this industry standard programming language as an alternative script language for Max users helps open doors to Python developers to certain create 3rd party plug-ins, making new pipeline tools more extensive and accessible.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2017– Videos
Autodesk Subscription lets you access Autodesk software on a quarterly or annual basis, with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easy to manage.
- Pay-as-you-go access: Whether your projects are temporary or ongoing, you can keep software costs manageable and predictable. Pay only for the access you need, without an up-front investment or long-term commitment.
- Scalable licensing: Companies grow. Projects expand. Employees don’t stay in one place. Be prepared for whatever changes come your way with licensing that scales to meet your organization’s needs.
- Up-to-date software: Stay competitive with the latest Autodesk technology. Get the most up-to-date software releases with the level of technical support you need. Stay current with newsletters and communications for subscribers.
- Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, collaboration tools, and secure storage.
- Save money! With annual or quarterly licenses you can make big savings compared to monthly basis. On this page you can compare the different annual license costs for Autodesk 3ds Max licenses.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|Software type||3D visualization|
|License Type||New license|