Autodesk - 3ds Max 2021
Tip! Get a 3 year subscription instead of a 1 year subscription, and save 10% of the total cost compared to a 1 year subscription for 3 years.
Autodesk 3ds Max 2021 is focused on modernization, performance, fit & finish. Introducing all-new experiences for Texture Baking and Install, major improvements to the Viewport, and key enhancements to Substance tools, ProSound and SketchUp import.
Autodesk 3ds Max – product videos
News in Autodesk 3ds Max 2021
Autodesk 3ds Max 2021 comes with a range of new improvments making the workflow modern and streamlined. See more news here.
Bake to Texture
- New tool for baking maps and surfaces offers faster performance in a new streamlined workflow
- Extensive renderer support including Arnold
- Support for OSL texture maps and Blended Box map
- New PBR materials make the interaction of light with surfaces physically accurate
- The two types of maps, PBR Material (Metal/Rough) and PBR Material (Spec/Gloss), ensure compatibility with any real-time engine workflow
Weighted Normals Modifier
- The Weighted Normals modifier improves the shading of models by altering the vertex normals to be perpendicular to larger flat polygons
- Generates explicit normals for meshes better and faster than ever
Arnold default renderer
- 3ds Max 2021 includes Arnold 6.0 as the default renderer, instead of the Scanline Renderer. This gives you a modern, high-end rendering experience.
New Substance2 Map
- Substance2 map is faster than the legacy Substance map.
- Utilizes updates to the latest Substance engine for native sbar loading. You no longer need to export maps from Substance Designer.
- Saving scene files with a very large number of assets is now significantly faster.
- Support added for 24-bit WAV files, 88.2kHz and 96kHz sample rates, as well as support for an unlimited numbers of audio clips
- Editable Poly options such as Uniform, Radial, and Patch mitering types can now be set directly from the Chamfer modifier
- The online and offline installation process has been overhauled for a simpler and faster experience
- New SketchUp import options include ignoring hidden elements and preserving layer information
- Over 80 defects that directly affect you were fixed in this release, as well as a large number of defects that affect internal processes
Autodesk Subscription lets you access Autodesk software on a monthly (via Autodesk online store), annual or 3 year basis, with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easy to manage. We will contact you before the subscription expires to give you the option to decide whether you want to renew it or not.
- Pay-as-you-go access: Whether your projects are temporary or ongoing, you can keep software costs manageable and predictable. Pay only for the access you need, without an up-front investment or long-term commitment.
- Scalable licensing: Companies grow. Projects expand. Employees don’t stay in one place. Be prepared for whatever changes come your way with licensing that scales to meet your organization’s needs.
- Up-to-date software: Stay competitive with the latest Autodesk technology. Get the most up-to-date software releases with the level of technical support you need. Stay current with newsletters and communications for subscribers.
- Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, collaboration tools, and secure storage.
- Save money! With 3 year or annual licenses you can make big savings compared to monthly licenses. On this page you can compare the different annual license costs for Autodesk 3ds Max licenses.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|Software type||3D visualization|
|License Type||New license|