Autodesk - 3ds Max 2018
Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2018 software helps deliver improved productivity so that users can work more efficiently and creatively with modeling, animation, rendering and workflow updates. Smart Asset Packaging allows users to create, share, and update portable assets that are flexible, connected, and react to changes in design data. Customizable Workspaces offer a more responsive, modern, and personalized user experience, and Blended Box Map gives users the ability to morph visible seams by blending as many as six materials applied to an object. Finally, version 1.0 of the MAXtoA plug-in is integrated into 3ds Max 2018, giving artists access to Arnold's latest features.
Autodesk 3ds Max – video clips
New features in 3ds Max 2018.4
The 3ds Max 2018.4 update contains a lot of new features and improvements. For a full list of features please see the 3ds Max 2018.4 release notes. Here are some key new features:
Max Fluids usability improvements
3ds Max Fluids has been updated with usability improvements based on early customer feedback. As the simulation is being run, Max Fluids now displays the frame number, instead of the percentage of completion, as well as other information about the simulation from the output window. Other improvements include the ability to apply UVs to the output mesh, setting an initial simulation state, or removing unwanted time from the simulation.
3ds Max 2018.4 now includes fluid presets to make it easier to add fluid simulations to a scene. The included presets take into account viscosity from a wide range of common fluid types, from thin liquids like water to thicker liquids like chocolate syrup, honey, and ketchup. Users can also create and save custom settings as presets in order to more quickly re-use desired fluids in other scenes.
VR engine updates to 3ds Max Interactive
3ds Max 2018.4 adds improvements to 3ds Max Interactive, the VR engine added previously in 3ds Max 2018.1:
• A new Physical Light that includes support for IES profiles.
• Updated Live Link improves 3ds Max interoperability when using Chaos Group’s V-Ray.
• New environment properties that allow for custom tone mapping post effects.
• Updated Texture Manager with usability improvements, making it easier to sort and find textures in a project.
Redesigned automation experience
3ds Max Batch has been redesigned to provide a simpler and more effective experience. It is now a true command line productivity tool, with logging and error reporting. It supports user-defined messages in the output, and allows users to inject data in the automation process from the command line.
Over 100 bug fixes
One of the goals of the accelerated release cycle of 3ds Max is to respond more quickly to user feedback to fix bugs and usability issues. 3ds Max 2018.4 includes over 100 fixes, many that were submitted by the 3ds Max user community. A few highlights are:
• Improved selection of Physical Cameras in the viewport
• Faster load time when opening files for referenced assets and network locations
• Fixes for the 3ds Max Interactive Asset Browser, Texture Manager, and the core engine
Autodesk Subscription lets you access Autodesk software on a quarterly or annual basis, with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easy to manage. We will contact you before the subscription expires to give you the option to decide whether you want to renew it or not.
- Pay-as-you-go access: Whether your projects are temporary or ongoing, you can keep software costs manageable and predictable. Pay only for the access you need, without an up-front investment or long-term commitment.
- Scalable licensing: Companies grow. Projects expand. Employees don’t stay in one place. Be prepared for whatever changes come your way with licensing that scales to meet your organization’s needs.
- Up-to-date software: Stay competitive with the latest Autodesk technology. Get the most up-to-date software releases with the level of technical support you need. Stay current with newsletters and communications for subscribers.
- Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, collaboration tools, and secure storage.
- Save money! With annual or quarterly licenses you can make big savings compared to monthly basis. On this page you can compare the different annual license costs for Autodesk 3ds Max licenses.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|Software type||3D visualization|
|License Type||New license|