Autodesk - Flame 2021
Tip! Get a 3 year subscription instead of a 1 year subscription, and save 10% of the total cost compared to a 1 year subscription for 3 years.
The Autodesk Flame family has been trusted by the best artists for nearly 30 years for 2D/3D, Compositing, Editing, Keying, Tracking, and Color. Click here for Flame 2021 product news.
Autodesk Flame product videos
Advanced 3D visual effects software, Flame software offers tools for fast, interactive 3D visual effects, finishing, compositing, advanced graphics, color grading, conform, editorial, and look development. Flame® 2021 contains a new machine learning-powered feature set along with a host of new capabilities bringing Flame artists significant creative flexibility and performance boosts. Learn more on Flame here. Runs on Mac or Linux systems. Note! There are feature differences between the two platforms:
The main limitations for Mac OSX installations are:
- No GPU debayering. A GPU Debayer software is used to demosaicing raw 8-bit Bayer images to full-colour 24 RGB format. Flame and Lustre support ARRIRAW and RED file formats.
- No background Reactor support. Flame Reactor is the name given to the hybrid CPU/GPU processing pipeline in Batch FX. Batch FX have been optimized to make better use of GPU and CPU rendering capabilities in this pipeline.
- No real-time deliverables support. The Real-Time Deliverables mastering solution allows you to perform certain types of operations on material during clip output without having to first render the clips.
- Single User licenses are only available on Mac OS.
Autodesk Flame Assist
Timeline-based companion station on Mac and Linux. Use the timeline to oversee projects, create consistent looks, and correctly match graded and 3D VFX shots to editorial intention. Key features include project creation, media management & wire, advanced conform, versioning, media I/O, archive & restore. Includes scene detection. Runs on Mac or Linux systems. Subscription license availability for dynamic workloads. Learn more on Flame Assist here.
Flare contains the Batch environment of Flame for additional compositing support in a multi-user environment. Includes tools for 3D compositing, tracking, text, masking, keying, and relighting. Flare is a fully compatible assistant to Flame, featuring the entire creative toolset in Batch. All Batch nodes found in Flame are fully supported in Flare. You can extend the capabilities of Flame by performing any Batch task on a Flare system. You can also offload time-consuming tasks such as rotoscoping and particle creation to Flare.
Because the focus of Flare is on the Batch toolset, there are some tasks performed by Flame Premium that cannot be performed by Flare. For example, Flare does not support video I/O or conforming. In addition, Flare supports archiving, but only to of from archives. You can use Flare in an independent system workflow or in a remote connection workflow. In a remote connection workflow, the same storage is used by both Flare and Flame so there is no duplication of media. Multiple Flare systems can connect to the same Flame system. Each can be used to work on the same project at the same time, speeding up the production pipeline workflow. You can even perform project management tasks of Flare folders without leaving the Flame station.
If being able to work on projects collaboratively with Flame is not your main objective, you can still take advantage of the assistant capabilities of Flare in an independent system workflow. There will be duplication of media since you need Wire to transfer media to/from a Flare system. However, there are fewer workflow considerations than in a collaborative environment since Flare work is done on its own storage volume. Learn more on Flare and Batch here.
Flexible real-time color grading for creative look development. Track colour space information on a per-clip basis, from source to screen. Interoperates with Flame. The Lustre architecture uses CPU and GPU optimizations to obtain realtime playback on high resolution files, as required for digital cinema colour grading. Lustre is a Linux based software. Includes the ability to lock exported colour policies. Learn more on Lustre here.
See updated system requirements here.
Autodesk Subscription lets you access Autodesk software on a monthly (via Autodesk online store), annual or 3 year basis, with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easy to manage. We will contact you before the subscription expires to give you the option to decide whether you want to renew it or not.
- Pay-as-you-go access: Whether your projects are temporary or ongoing, you can keep software costs manageable and predictable. Pay only for the access you need, without an up-front investment or long-term commitment.
- Scalable licensing: Companies grow. Projects expand. Employees don’t stay in one place. Be prepared for whatever changes come your way with licensing that scales to meet your organization’s needs.
- Up-to-date software: Stay competitive with the latest Autodesk technology. Get the most up-to-date software releases with the level of technical support you need. Stay current with newsletters and communications for subscribers.
- Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, collaboration tools, and secure storage.
- Save money! With 3 year or annual licenses you can make big savings compared to monthly licenses. On this page you can compare the different annual license costs for Autodesk 3ds Max licenses.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|Software type||Video editing|
|License Type||New license|