Autodesk - Flame 2019
Advanced 3D visual effects software, Autodesk Flame® software offers tools for fast, interactive 3D visual effects, finishing, compositing, advanced graphics, color grading, conform, editorial, and look development. Learn more on Flame here. Runs on Mac or Linux systems. Note! There are feature differences between the two platforms:
The main limitations for Mac OSX installations are:
- No GPU debayering. A GPU Debayer software is used to demosaicing raw 8-bit Bayer images to full-colour 24 RGB format. Flame and Lustre support ARRIRAW and RED file formats.
- No background Reactor support. Flame Reactor is the name given to the hybrid CPU/GPU processing pipeline in Batch FX. Batch FX have been optimized to make better use of GPU and CPU rendering capabilities in this pipeline.
- No real-time deliverables support. The Real-Time Deliverables mastering solution allows you to perform certain types of operations on material during clip output without having to first render the clips.
- Single User licenses are only available on Mac OS.
Autodesk Flame Assist
Timeline-based companion station on Mac and Linux. Use the timeline to oversee projects, create consistent looks, and correctly match graded and 3D VFX shots to editorial intention. Key features include project creation, media management & wire, advanced conform, versioning, media I/O, archive & restore. Includes scene detection. Runs on Mac or Linux systems. Subscription license availability for dynamic workloads. Learn more on Flame Assist here.
Flare contains the Batch environment of Flame for additional compositing support in a multi-user environment. Includes tools for 3D compositing, tracking, text, masking, keying, and relighting. Flare is a fully compatible assistant to Flame, featuring the entire creative toolset in Batch. All Batch nodes found in Flame are fully supported in Flare. You can extend the capabilities of Flame by performing any Batch task on a Flare system. You can also offload time-consuming tasks such as rotoscoping and particle creation to Flare.
Because the focus of Flare is on the Batch toolset, there are some tasks performed by Flame Premium that cannot be performed by Flare. For example, Flare does not support video I/O or conforming. In addition, Flare supports archiving, but only to of from archives. You can use Flare in an independent system workflow or in a remote connection workflow. In a remote connection workflow, the same storage is used by both Flare and Flame so there is no duplication of media. Multiple Flare systems can connect to the same Flame system. Each can be used to work on the same project at the same time, speeding up the production pipeline workflow. You can even perform project management tasks of Flare folders without leaving the Flame station.
If being able to work on projects collaboratively with Flame is not your main objective, you can still take advantage of the assistant capabilities of Flare in an independent system workflow. There will be duplication of media since you need Wire to transfer media to/from a Flare system. However, there are fewer workflow considerations than in a collaborative environment since Flare work is done on its own storage volume. Learn more on Flare and Batch here.
Autodesk LustreFlexible real-time color grading for creative look development. Track colour space information on a per-clip basis, from source to screen. Interoperates with Flame. The Lustre architecture uses CPU and GPU optimizations to obtain realtime playback on high resolution files, as required for digital cinema colour grading. Lustre is a Linux based software. Includes the ability to lock exported colour policies. Learn more on Lustre here.
Autodesk Flame Premium
Autodesk Flame® Premium software is the ultimate VFX solution including Autodesk Flame, Flame Assist, Lustre, and Flare. See more on the Flame product family here.
Autodesk Flame videor
Autodesk Subscription lets you access Autodesk software on a quarterly or annual basis, with a flexible, pay-as-you-go approach for a software budget that’s easy to manage. We will contact you before the subscription expires to give you the option to decide whether you want to renew it or not.
- Pay-as-you-go access: Whether your projects are temporary or ongoing, you can keep software costs manageable and predictable. Pay only for the access you need, without an up-front investment or long-term commitment.
- Scalable licensing: Companies grow. Projects expand. Employees don’t stay in one place. Be prepared for whatever changes come your way with licensing that scales to meet your organization’s needs.
- Up-to-date software: Stay competitive with the latest Autodesk technology. Get the most up-to-date software releases with the level of technical support you need. Stay current with newsletters and communications for subscribers.
- Additional cloud and software services: Work smarter without tying up your desktop. Get access to additional services in the cloud, such as faster rendering and visualization capabilities, collaboration tools, and secure storage.
- Save money! With annual or quarterly licenses you can make big savings compared to monthly basis. On this page you can compare the different annual license costs for Autodesk 3ds Max licenses.
Autodesk, Autodesk® 3ds® Max, Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design, Autodesk® Maya®, Autodesk® Maya LT®, Autodesk® MotionBuilder®, Autodesk® Softimage®, Autodesk® Mudbox™, Autodesk® Smoke®, Autodesk® Showcase®, Autodesk® Alias® Design, Autodesk® Alias® Surface, Autodesk® Alias® Automotive, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® SketchBook® Pro, AutoCAD® Design Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite, Autodesk® Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk® Plant Design Suite and Autodesk® Product Design Suite are registered trademarks of Autodesk, inc. The Autodesk Value Added Reseller who has published these materials is an independent Authorized Reseller of Autodesk products. All other company and product names are trademarks or otherwise protected by copyright of their respective owners.
|Software type||Video editing|
|License Type||New license|