Chaos Group - V-Ray Next for SketchUp
V-Ray Next for SketchUp is much more than just a renderer. Not only is it quick and easy, it’s a natural extension of your SketchUp design workflow. It comes with everything you need to render anything you can imagine – from your earliest design concepts to your final photorealistic images, now twice as fast. And it is compatible with lots of ready-made assets and scenes from other V-Ray applications which opens up a world of possibilities.
V-Ray Next for SketchUp – product videos
News in V-Ray Next for SketchUp
Here are some of the new features in V-Ray Next for SketchUp Update 1 and up. See all new features here.
• Compatibility: V-Ray Next for SketchUp is compatible with SketchUp 2016 – 2020 NEW IN UPD 1.2
• Cryptomatte element NEW IN UPD 1: The Cryptomatte render element automatically generates and stores object- or materialbased masks. Perfect for accurate object selections in post-production.
• Updated V-Ray Frame Buffer lens effects NEW IN UPD 1: Simulate real-world camera lens effects with new procedurally generated dust and scratches.
• V-Ray Scene Importer: Import any .vrscene file directly as a SketchUp model with correctly sized and positioned objects, proper texture placement, lights and proxy references.
• New toolbar: A new V-Ray Toolbar is added exposing some utility functionality. The Inspector can be found there, as well as all the V-Ray UV Tools and two new display mode toggles for the viewport widgets.
• Light size controls: Use the size parameters added to the V-Ray area lights to resize multiple light instances at the same time or change the light size without affecting its intensity.
• Adaptive Dome Light: Faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting. Up to 7x faster than before. Lighting interiors using a Dome is now a valid option and significantly improves interior scene setup efficiency.
• Denoising with AI: Use the new NVIDIA AI Denoiser to instantly remove noise while rendering and make close to real-time iterations.
• Denoised Render Elements: Denoise individual render elements for added control in compositing.
• Render speed: V-Ray now renders twice as fast on average thanks to a large number of performance optimization.
• Twice as fast V-Ray GPU: New rendering architecture renders twice as fast across GPUs with support for more of V-Ray’s high-end production features and bucket rendering mode.
• Render Node Compatibility: V-Ray Next for SketchUp works only with V-Ray Next Render Node licenses (Rentals and Perpetual).
Rental license option
In addition to perpetual and upgrade licenses, two types of rental options are available:
• Short Term Rental (1 month) license
• Long Term Rental (12 months) license
Free V-Ray Next for SketchUp trial
If you do not already have a commercial license you can download and try V-Ray Next for SketchUp for 30 days for free, even if you have downloaded trials for previous versions of V-Ray for SketchUp. Get it here.
Chaos Group products are licensed via an online licensing system. It used to be licensed with hardware lock (USB dongle), but that system is being phased out. Online licensing requires Internet access. Licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. For offline use, licenses may be checked out for up to 15 days at a time.
In exceptional cases, dongle licensing can still be offered. Contact us for more information.
V-Ray Benchmark – How fast is your hardware?
Test how fast your hardware renders by using Chaos Group's free V-Ray Benchmark application. Read more and see where your hardware ranks at benchmark.chaosgroup.com.
|Plugin / Add-On for||SketchUp|
|License Type||New license|