Chaos Group - V-Ray 3.x for Rhino
V-Ray 3 for Rhino is made for designers. It’s clean. It’s simple. And it’s now faster than ever to create great-looking renders right in Rhino.
V-Ray 3 is built to be the smartest and fastest renderer for Rhino. With new quick render presets and intuitive controls, you can focus on design, not the technical details. Its twin-engine rendering architecture can take full advantage of the latest CPU or GPU hardware. And with V-Ray’s full suite of tools, you can render anything and everything – from quick design concepts to your most detailed 3D models.
V-Ray for Rhino – Product videos
- More powerful GPU rendering: Faster, more powerful GPU rendering adds support for on-demand mip-mapping, aerial perspective, displacement, subsurface scattering, matte/shadows and more.
- Hybrid GPU+CPU rendering: Now V-Ray GPU running on NVIDIA CUDA can take full advantage of all available hardware, including both GPUs and CPUs.
- Adaptive lights: In scenes with many lights, the new Adaptive Lights mode can help you speed up render times by up to 700%.
- Light instances: Lights can now be instanced and controlled as a single light in the Asset Editor.
- Streamlined UI: The entire V-Ray for Rhino interface has been updated and streamlined for a more intuitive, user-friendly workflow.
- File manager: Manage all of your scene files in one place. Set file paths, create scene archives, and keep track of assets like textures, IES files, and proxy objects.
- V-Ray Color Picker: New color picker allows you to select color values in Screen sRGB (0–255) or Rendering (0.0–1.0) color space.
- V-Ray scene import: Import and render V-Ray scenes (.vrscene) from other applications such as 3ds Max, Revit, and SketchUp.
- Fog: Give your scenes depth with new realistic 3D fog and light scattering effects.
- New texture maps: Fine-tune the look of your scene with new gradient, color temperature and procedural noise texture maps.
- 2D displacement: Quickly add surface detail without extra modeling using the new optimized 2D displacement. It’s perfect for architectural materials like brick and stone.
- Animated proxy objects: Easily add pre-animated 3D objects like walking people and trees blowing in the wind with animated V-Ray proxies.
- Proxy previews: Control the look of V-Ray proxies in the Rhino viewport. Select from Whole mesh, Bounding box, Point (Origin), Custom preview, and a new low poly Proxy preview mode.
- Improved denoising: The V-Ray Denoiser is now easier to set up and you can refine settings even after you render.
- Animations: V-Ray 3.6 for Rhino introduces a new simplified workflow for rendering light studies, turntables and fly-through animations.
- V-Ray for Grasshopper: V-Ray for Grasshopper is now quicker and simpler with new preset lighting and material setups. Grasshopper objects can be rendered directly as part of the Rhino scene without baking geometry.
- Twin-engine performance: V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.
- Interactive rendering: Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.
- Denoiser: Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Global illumination: Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray’s powerful and fast global illumination.
- Accurate lights: Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
- Environment lighting: Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.
- Sun & sky: Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Aerial perspective: Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
- Real-world cameras: Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.
- Virtual reality: Render VR content for popular virtual reality headsets.
- Physical materials: Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
- Material library: Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- Detailed textures: Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray’s built-in procedural textures.
- Frame buffer: Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Render elements: Render separate layers for more artistic control in your image-editing software.
- V-Ray swarm: ender with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
- Proxy objects: Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.
- Grass and fur: Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur.
- Section cuts: Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
- V-Ray Scene Export: Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.
Chaos Group's products can be licensed either by online licensing or using a hardware lock/dongle:
Online licensingChaos Group's new online licensing option does not require a hardware lock, which means there will be no wait to receive a physical dongle, and licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. Online licensing requires a stable, uninterrupted internet connection. For offline use, you may checkout your license for up to 15 days at a time. The Online licensing option is currently available for new licenses only.
Hardware licensing (requires dongle)
Note! From December 2017 users with hardware licenses can irreversibly transfer these licenses to online licenses. The process is described this PDF document. Please contact us if you have any questions.
With Chaos Groups hardware licensing system, you will need a USB hardware lock (dongle) in order to run the software. The hardware lock is installed and used locally on each computer, or installed on a dedicated server from which one or more Chaos Group licenses can be distributed to users in a computer network. Multiple licenses can be locked to a single dongle. You can find the hardware lock/dongle here. Please note that the hardware lock is sold separately, please add it to your cart when purchasing a Chaos Group software with hardware licensing option (applies if you do not already have access to a Chaos Group dongle).
V-Ray Benchmark – How fast is your hardware?
Test how fast your hardware renders by using Chaos Group's free V-Ray Benchmark application. Read more and see where your hardware ranks at benchmark.chaosgroup.com.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Rhinoceros|
|License Type||New license|