Chaos Group - V-Ray for Rhino - EDU license
V-Ray 3 for Rhino is made for designers. It’s clean. It’s simple. And it’s now faster than ever to create great-looking renders right in Rhino.
V-Ray 3 is built to be the smartest and fastest renderer for Rhino. With new quick render presets and intuitive controls, you can focus on design, not the technical details. Its twin-engine rendering architecture can take full advantage of the latest CPU or GPU hardware. And with V-Ray’s full suite of tools, you can render anything and everything – from quick design concepts to your most detailed 3D models.
V-Ray for Rhino – Product videos
- More powerful GPU rendering: Faster, more powerful GPU rendering adds support for on-demand mip-mapping, aerial perspective, displacement, subsurface scattering, matte/shadows and more.
- Hybrid GPU+CPU rendering: Now V-Ray GPU running on NVIDIA CUDA can take full advantage of all available hardware, including both GPUs and CPUs.
- Adaptive lights: In scenes with many lights, the new Adaptive Lights mode can help you speed up render times by up to 700%.
- Light instances: Lights can now be instanced and controlled as a single light in the Asset Editor.
- Streamlined UI: The entire V-Ray for Rhino interface has been updated and streamlined for a more intuitive, user-friendly workflow.
- File manager: Manage all of your scene files in one place. Set file paths, create scene archives, and keep track of assets like textures, IES files, and proxy objects.
- V-Ray Color Picker: New color picker allows you to select color values in Screen sRGB (0–255) or Rendering (0.0–1.0) color space.
- V-Ray scene import: Import and render V-Ray scenes (.vrscene) from other applications such as 3ds Max, Revit, and SketchUp.
- Fog: Give your scenes depth with new realistic 3D fog and light scattering effects.
- New texture maps: Fine-tune the look of your scene with new gradient, color temperature and procedural noise texture maps.
- 2D displacement: Quickly add surface detail without extra modeling using the new optimized 2D displacement. It’s perfect for architectural materials like brick and stone.
- Animated proxy objects: Easily add pre-animated 3D objects like walking people and trees blowing in the wind with animated V-Ray proxies.
- Proxy previews: Control the look of V-Ray proxies in the Rhino viewport. Select from Whole mesh, Bounding box, Point (Origin), Custom preview, and a new low poly Proxy preview mode.
- Improved denoising: The V-Ray Denoiser is now easier to set up and you can refine settings even after you render.
- Animations: V-Ray 3.6 for Rhino introduces a new simplified workflow for rendering light studies, turntables and fly-through animations.
- V-Ray for Grasshopper: V-Ray for Grasshopper is now quicker and simpler with new preset lighting and material setups. Grasshopper objects can be rendered directly as part of the Rhino scene without baking geometry.
- Twin-engine performance: V-Ray comes with two powerful rendering engines. With CPU or GPU acceleration, you can choose the fastest one for your hardware.
- Interactive rendering: Render while you design. See results right away as you adjust lights, materials and cameras.
- Denoiser: Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%.
- Global illumination: Render realistic rooms and interiors with V-Ray’s powerful and fast global illumination.
- Accurate lights: Render natural and artificial lighting with a wide range of built-in light types.
- Environment lighting: Light your scenes with a single high-dynamic-range image (HDRI) of its environment.
- Sun & sky: Render realistic daylight for any time and any location.
- Aerial perspective: Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects.
- Real-world cameras: Work like a photographer with controls for exposure, white balance and depth of field.
- Virtual reality: Render VR content for popular virtual reality headsets.
- Physical materials: Create great looking materials that look exactly like the real thing.
- Material library: Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project.
- Detailed textures: Create detailed and unique materials using texture maps or one of V-Ray’s built-in procedural textures.
- Frame buffer: Track your render history and fine-tune colors, exposure, and more directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer.
- Render elements: Render separate layers for more artistic control in your image-editing software.
- V-Ray swarm: ender with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering.
- Proxy objects: Add highly detailed and complex objects like grass, trees, and cars with memory-efficient proxy models.
- Grass and fur: Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur.
- Section cuts: Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper.
- V-Ray Scene Export: Share complete, ready-to-render V-Ray 3 for Rhino files with any V-Ray 3.4 or higher application.
Chaos Group offers – in addition to personal licenses for students and educators – licenses for academic institutions. Licenses for academic institutions can not be bought via our online store, please contact us for a quote.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Rhinoceros|
|License Type||New license|