Chaos Group - V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max - Upgrade
V-Ray for 3ds Max is an Academy Award-winning, industry-standard, production-proven rendering software for Autodesk 3ds Max. Known for its versatility and ability to handle any type of project – from scenes with massive geometry and many lights to a single buildingor simple interiors – V-Ray is preferred by many 3D artists. It is used by 95% of the top AEC firms worldwide and in countless films. V-Ray for 3ds Max is the world’s most complete 3D rendering software for high-end visualization and production.
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max product videos
What is V-Ray used for?
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Visual effects in film and television
- Game cinematics
- Virtual reality
Key V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max benefits
- V-Ray is built to handle the biggest projects and scenes with massive geometry and thousands of lights. Users can render anything and everything with V-Ray.
- The redesigned V-Ray Frame Buffer with light mixing and layered compositing means users only need to use one tool for rendering and post-processing — no need to go back and forth between different apps.
- V-Ray helps users deliver projects faster and meet the tightest deadlines. V-Ray’s GPU and CPU rendering capabilities bring a speed boost to any production and lets users cut render times.
- Users can turn their computers into supercomputers with Chaos Cloud — the cloud rendering built right into V-Ray. They can keep working on their designs while rendering on the cloud.
- With the wide range of platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice versa.
What's new in V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max?
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max’s modern and efficient material library workflow, faster look-development with material presets, andflexible post-processing features can save users time, take them beyond just rendering and help them focus on artistic exploration – from a single creation tool. Here is shortened list of news, see the complete list here:
- VFB2: New implementation of VFB with integrated Layers compositing
- Light Mix: Support for lights post-processing in the VFB2
- Support for rendering in ACEScg color space with option to recognize the texture color space from the file name
- Improve precision when rendering large scenes
- Asset browser: material library browser utility for the V-Ray Material Library
- VRaySun: Implement "Improved" Sky model
- Installer: New experience with integrated bundled products: Chaos License Server, Chaos Cloud client and V-Ray Material Library
New V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max Workstation license is available as perpetual, annual, or monthly. А Workstation license includes 1 Graphic User Interface (GUI) and 1 Render Node. Upgrade licenses from V-Ray Next for 3ds Max also available.
See updated V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max system requirements here.
Download trial version
Get a free full-featured V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max trial here.
Chaos Group products are licensed via an online licensing system. It used to be licensed with hardware lock (USB dongle), but that system is being phased out. Online licensing requires Internet access. Licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. For offline use, licenses may be checked out for up to 15 days at a time.
In exceptional cases, dongle licensing can still be offered. Contact us for more information.
V-Ray Benchmark – How fast is your hardware?
Test how fast your hardware renders by using Chaos Group's free V-Ray Benchmark application. Read more and see where your hardware ranks at benchmark.chaosgroup.com.
V-Ray Render Nodes
Chaos Group V-Ray Render Nodes speed up your V-Ray rendering workflow. Render Nodes take advantage of the combined computing power of multiple machines in a network. Continue your design work and let Render Nodes handle the rendering tasks on other machines. With support for popular render managers like Thinkbox Deadline, PipelineFX Qube and Autodesk Backburner the V-Ray Render Nodes are easily managed.
V-Ray 5 news
With the release of V-Ray 5 in June 2020, volume discounts based on the number of render node licenses purchased are no longer offered. Users can take advantage of rendering on multiple machines via predefined Render Node license packs with integrated discounts.
With a V-Ray 5 render node license you may use either V-Ray 5, V-Ray Next or V-Ray 3 builds.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Autodesk 3ds Max|