Chaos Group - V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max - Student
V-Ray for 3ds Max is an Academy Award-winning, industry-standard, production-proven rendering software for Autodesk 3ds Max. Known for its versatility and ability to handle any type of project – from scenes with massive geometry and many lights to a single buildingor simple interiors – V-Ray is preferred by many 3D artists. It is used by 95% of the top AEC firms worldwide and in countless films. V-Ray for 3ds Max is the world’s most complete 3D rendering software for high-end visualization and production.
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max product videos
What is V-Ray used for?
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Visual effects in film and television
- Game cinematics
- Virtual reality
Key V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max benefits
- V-Ray is built to handle the biggest projects and scenes with massive geometry and thousands of lights. Users can render anything and everything with V-Ray.
- The redesigned V-Ray Frame Buffer with light mixing and layered compositing means users only need to use one tool for rendering and post-processing — no need to go back and forth between different apps.
- V-Ray helps users deliver projects faster and meet the tightest deadlines. V-Ray’s GPU and CPU rendering capabilities bring a speed boost to any production and lets users cut render times.
- Users can turn their computers into supercomputers with Chaos Cloud — the cloud rendering built right into V-Ray. They can keep working on their designs while rendering on the cloud.
- With the wide range of platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice versa.
What's new in V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max?
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max’s modern and efficient material library workflow, faster look-development with material presets, andflexible post-processing features can save users time, take them beyond just rendering and help them focus on artistic exploration – from a single creation tool. Here is shortened list of news, see the complete list here:
- VFB2: New implementation of VFB with integrated Layers compositing
- Light Mix: Support for lights post-processing in the VFB2
- Support for rendering in ACEScg color space with option to recognize the texture color space from the file name
- Improve precision when rendering large scenes
- Asset browser: material library browser utility for the V-Ray Material Library
- VRaySun: Implement "Improved" Sky model
- Installer: New experience with integrated bundled products: Chaos License Server, Chaos Cloud client and V-Ray Material Library
Chaos Group offers commercial licenses, personal licenses for students and educators and licenses for academic institutions. Licenses for academic institutions can not be bought via our online store. Please contact us for a quote.
You'll get 20 Chaos Cloud Credits for free
When purchasing your first V-Ray license, you will receive 20 free Chaos Cloud Credits*. Chaos Cloud is a rendering service with unlimited render power in the cloud. Send your jobs to the cloud, so you can keep working. You've got more important things to do than wait for renders to complete. Your 20 free Chaos Cloud Credits are valid for 90 days.
* Does not apply to edu licenses (licenses for students, teachers and classrooms). Does not apply to V-Ray for Nuke as the version does not support rendering on Chaos Cloud.
V-Ray Render Nodes
V-Ray Render Nodes speed up your V-Ray rendering workflow. Render Nodes take advantage of the combined computing power of multiple machines in a network. Continue your design work and let Render Nodes handle the rendering tasks on other machines. With support for popular render managers like Thinkbox Deadline, PipelineFX Qube and Autodesk Backburner the V-Ray Render Nodes are easily managed.
Want to try V-Ray before your purchase?
|Plugin / Add-On for||Autodesk 3ds Max|
|License Type||New license|
License is delivered digitally, usually within 1-2 business days.
Please note that the right to return an item does not apply to digital deliveries or computer software where the serial number is delivered digitally. Even digital deliveries have a processing time as serial numbers and such must be verified.