Chaos Group - V-Ray for 3ds Max - EDU license
V-Ray for 3ds Max is an Academy Award-winning, industry-standard, production-proven rendering software for Autodesk 3ds Max. Known for its versatility and ability to handle any type of project – from scenes with massive geometry and many lights to a single buildingor simple interiors – V-Ray is preferred by many 3D artists. It is used by 95% of the top AEC firms worldwide and in countless films. V-Ray for 3ds Max is the world’s most complete 3D rendering software for high-end visualization and production.
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max product videos
What is V-Ray used for?
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Visual effects in film and television
- Game cinematics
- Virtual reality
Key V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max benefits
- V-Ray is built to handle the biggest projects and scenes with massive geometry and thousands of lights. Users can render anything and everything with V-Ray.
- The redesigned V-Ray Frame Buffer with light mixing and layered compositing means users only need to use one tool for rendering and post-processing — no need to go back and forth between different apps.
- V-Ray helps users deliver projects faster and meet the tightest deadlines. V-Ray’s GPU and CPU rendering capabilities bring a speed boost to any production and lets users cut render times.
- Users can turn their computers into supercomputers with Chaos Cloud — the cloud rendering built right into V-Ray. They can keep working on their designs while rendering on the cloud.
- With the wide range of platforms that V-Ray supports, it’s easy to merge assets or exchange projects for material coordination and consistency across platforms. For example, users can share materials or render geometry from V-Ray for Rhino to V-Ray for 3ds Max, or vice versa.
What's new in V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max?
V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max’s modern and efficient material library workflow, faster look-development with material presets, andflexible post-processing features can save users time, take them beyond just rendering and help them focus on artistic exploration – from a single creation tool. Here is shortened list of news, see the complete list here:
- VFB2: New implementation of VFB with integrated Layers compositing
- Light Mix: Support for lights post-processing in the VFB2
- Support for rendering in ACEScg color space with option to recognize the texture color space from the file name
- Improve precision when rendering large scenes
- Asset browser: material library browser utility for the V-Ray Material Library
- VRaySun: Implement "Improved" Sky model
- Installer: New experience with integrated bundled products: Chaos License Server, Chaos Cloud client and V-Ray Material Library
New V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max Workstation license is available as perpetual, annual, or monthly. А Workstation license includes 1 Graphic User Interface (GUI) and 1 Render Node. Upgrade licenses from V-Ray Next for 3ds Max also available.
See updated V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max system requirements here.
Download trial version
Get a free full-featured V-Ray 5 for 3ds Max trial here.
Chaos Group offers – in addition to personal licenses for students and educators – licenses for academic institutions. Licenses for academic institutions can not be bought via our online store. Please contact us for a quote.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Autodesk 3ds Max|
|License Type||New license|