Chaos Group - V-Ray for 3ds Max - EDU license
V-Ray is a very popular and feature rich renderer that because of its high render performance reveals a whole new world of possibilities. V-Ray Next Scene Intelligence delivers faster, more precise ray tracing for cleaner sampling and more accurate rendering. That means you work smarter — not harder — by automating steps that used to take up valuable time.
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max is a complete lighting and shading solution that can be flawlessly integrated in every 3D artist and designer’s workflow and in Autodesk 3ds Max. The flagship rendering software has set the industry standard for speed, reliability, ease of use and render quality. Creator and Chaos Group co-founder Vladimir Koylazov was honored with an Academy Award in 2017.
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max – Product videos
What is it used for?
- Architectural visualization
- Automotive and product design
- Industrial design
- Game cinematics
- Visual effects in film and television
- Virtual reality
New features in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max
News in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max update 2:
- Debug shading: Easily isolate textures, materials and geometry to help debug large shading networks in V-Ray IPR and V-Ray GPU IPR
- Color corrections in viewport IPR: Apply V-Ray Frame Buffer color corrections directly in the Viewport IPR
- Memory tracking: Optimize your scene with the new memory usage report for textures and objects
V-Ray GPU Boost
- V-Ray GPU support for alSurface material: A general-purpose shader with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections on V-Ray GPU
- V-Ray GPU support for VRayDistanceTex: Faster setup of your scene’s shaders and render effects based on geometry with V-Ray GPU
- V-Ray Toon Shader: Quickly add cartoon and cel-shading effects to your 3D projects
- Dust and Scratches lens effect: Simulate real-world camera lens effects with new procedurally generated Dust and Scratches
Point & Shoot Camera
The V-Ray Physical Camera returns with a streamlined UI and scene intelligence for Auto Exposure & Auto White Balance. Perfect renders are now as easy as taking a snapshot.
Powerful Scene Intelligence
V-Ray Scene Intelligence analyzes your scene to optimize rendering. You automatically get the best quality in less time. V-Ray Next introduces two new features powered by scene intelligence – Adaptive Dome Light and Automatic Camera Exposure.
Adaptive Dome Light
The new Adaptive Dome Light delivers faster, cleaner and more accurate image-based environment lighting. It’s extra fast at rendering interiors and removes the need for skylight portals.
2x faster GPU rendering
Built on a new multikernel rendering architecture, V-Ray GPU is twice as fast. And with support for more of your favorite V-Ray tools, it’s ready to speed through your high-end production scenes.
GPU Volume Rendering
V-Ray GPU supports volumetric effects like smoke, fire and fog. Render OpenVDB, Field3D and Phoenix FD volume caches at blazing speeds.
Accurately measure the light levels in your scene. Render false color heat maps and light value overlays with new lighting analysis tools.
Physical Hair Material
Render more realistic-looking hair with accurate highlights using the new V-Ray Physical Hair Material. Melanin controls make it easy to select any hair color — from blonde, to brunette, to redhead. And for more rebellious punk rock looks there are hair dye colors too.
V-Ray Plugin Material & Texture
Load any texture or material that’s available in V-Ray Standalone and render it in V-Ray Next for 3ds Max. Using the new V-Ray Plugin Texture and VRay Plugin Material, you can use any V-Ray procedural texture or even create PBR materials for Unity and Unreal.
Denoised Render Elements
For more control in compositing, you can now denoise individual render elements and recompose them back to the denoised beauty pass. And it works with the standalone denoiser for animation.
Chaos Group offers – in addition to personal licenses for students and educators – licenses for academic institutions. Licenses for academic institutions can not be bought via our online store. Please contact us for a quote.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Autodesk 3ds Max|
|License Type||New license|