Chaos Group - V-Ray Next for Nuke
V-Ray Next for Nuke introduces a new approach to lighting and compositing that integrates production-quality ray traced rendering into Foundry Nuke®, NukeX®, and NukeStudio®. Take advantage of V-Ray's lighting, shading, and rendering tools inside Nuke's node-based workflow. With powerful features the Nuke workflow is sped up; like the improved Light Select Render Element you can render the full contribution of any light, or group of lights, including global illumination, reflections and refractions. The new Cryptomatte automatically generates ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur. Leverage V-Ray's powerful tools inside the familiar node based workflow and UI of Nuke. V-Ray Next for Nuke is compatible with Nuke 11.3.
V-Ray Next for Nuke product videos
News in V-Ray Next for Nuke
You can now take advantage of faster multi-GPU performance on workstations, plus added support for Cryptomatte render elements.
V-Ray Scene Assets
Extract and reuse individual objects from a V-Ray vrscene file. If you need more control, you can define a set of objects to generate a reusable and customizable VRayScene asset.
V-Ray Next for Nuke features
Some feature examples:
- Multithreaded CPU and GPU rendering
- Highly optimized, adaptive ray tracing
- Precise path traced global illumination
- Introduced in V-Ray 3.6 for Nuke, Cryptomatte automatically generates ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur
- Render up to 37 beauty, matte, and utility render elements on the fly – for ultimate control
- Nuke ReadGeo – Alembic, FBX, & OBJ
- V-Ray proxy objects – Alembic & vrmesh
- V-Ray scene files – vrscene
- Instance V-Ray proxy objects using Nuke particles
- With a full suite of advanced rendering tools and support for Nuke's native features, V-Ray for Nuke is a natural evolution of the compositing workflow
- With Light Select Render Element you can render the full contribution of any light including global illumination, reflections and refractions
- HDR image-based environment lights
- Rectangular & spherical area lights
- Mesh lights
- Photometric IES lights
- Ambient light
- Nuke lights – Light, Direct, Point, and Spot nodes
- VR cameras – Render to VR formats incl. spherical and cubic panoramas
- Nuke projection cameras – Project3D node
- Depth of field
- Physical camera
- 3d motion blur
- Spherical, cylindrical, cube & fish eye camera types
- Physically-based materials
- Multi-layered materials
- Subsurface scattering & skin material
- Car paint material
- Material overrides
- Nuke shaders – Diffuse, Emission, Displacement, UVTILE
- Memory efficient tiled EXR and TX files
- Displacement & subdivision
- Dirt & occlusion
- Utility & override textures
System requirementsSee updated specifications here.
Free 30 day trial
Try V-Ray Next for Nuke today, get a 30 day free trial here.
Chaos Group products are licensed via an online licensing system. It used to be licensed with hardware lock (USB dongle), but that system is being phased out. Online licensing requires Internet access. Licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. For offline use, licenses may be checked out for up to 15 days at a time.
In exceptional cases, dongle licensing can still be offered. Contact us for more information.
V-Ray Benchmark – How fast is your hardware?
Test how fast your hardware renders by using Chaos Group's free V-Ray Benchmark application. Read more and see where your hardware ranks at benchmark.chaosgroup.com.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Nuke|
|License Type||New license|