Blue Marble - LiDAR Module for Global Mapper v21
The LiDAR Module (Light detection and ranging) is an optional enhancement to the Blue Marble Global Mapper software that provides numerous advanced LiDAR processing tools, including automatic point cloud classification, feature extraction, cross-sectional viewing and editing, dramatically faster surface generation, and much more. At a fraction of the cost of comparable applications, it is a must-have for anyone using or managing LiDAR data. See more in this brochure (PDF file).
LiDAR Module and Global Mapper product videos
New in LiDAR Module v21
- Add option to load Picture Point (i.e. JPG w/ EXIF) features as Orthoimages placed on the surface. There is available via a right-click Digitizer Tool option when one or more picture points are selected, or in the Pixels to Points Tool by selecting one or more images, then right-clicking and selecting to place them as ortho-images.
- Re-organized the Pixels-to-Points dialog to make it easier to use. There is now a menu to replace many buttons, and you can choose to just create an ortho-image and/or mesh without needing to keep the point cloud around.
- Improved the quality of orthoimages and point clouds created from a mesh (3D Model) during the Pixels-to-Points operation when using the 'High' quality setting.
- Added option to Pixels-to-Points tool to mask out parts of an image (i.e. sky, moving objects) so they will be ignored by the process. You can manually draw masks or mask by filling the color from a clicked location.
- Added ability to smooth/flatten selected Lidar points relative to the average of the Lidar points within some distance of the selected points. This new option is available with Lidar selected under the Digitizer Tool's right-click Move/Reshape submenu.
- Added new option to shift selected Lidar points towards a loaded surface, optionally along the pulse path. This option is available in the Digitizer Tool's right-click Move/Reshape submenu when Lidar is selected and terrain is loaded.
|Plugin / Add-On for||Global Mapper|
|Software type||Terrain & vegetation|
|License Type||New license|