finalToon opens up a whole new world of illustration and cartoon rendering effects for Autodesk 3ds Max and Autodesk 3ds Max Design. Thanks to all the unique functions and features finalToon has to offer, your non-photo-realistic renderings will never look the same anymore.
finalToon is implemented as a true 3ds Max Render Effect. You may adjust line styles in realtime without the need to re-render the whole scene over and over again. All shading and rendering can be done with the production proven 3ds Max scanline renderer. When the scanline pass is done, the finalToon line renderer pops in and takes over to produce the non-photo-realistic line rendering part. Any fully integrated 3ds Max compatible renderer can be used for the rendering and shading pass. However, when used in concert with finalRender 3.5 outline rendering becomes something else – finalToon shines at its best and shows a dramatic speed increase.
finalToon is available as a stand alone product, and is also included in finalRender 3.5.
finalToon's main features
• Canvas Effect to simulate structured background material (Paper, Linen . . .)
• Edge Map to use any map to control the bump, color, thickness etc. of the lines
• Flash (swf) and Adobe Illustrator (ai) output
• Cartoon Shader to get the typical cartoon look
• Global/local line style settings
• Material converter
• Render Elements support for different line types like hidden lines, visible lines, etc.