Blue Marble - Global Mapper v21 - Maintenance and Support
Global Mapper by Blue Marble is a powerful and affordable GIS application that combines a comprehensive array of spatial data processing tools with access to an unparalleled variety of data formats. Developed for both GIS professionals and map enthusiasts, this versatile software package is equally well suited as a standalone GIS data management tool or as a complement to an established GIS system. See more in this brochure (PDF file).
Global Mapper och LiDAR Module produktvideor
Major news in Global Mapper v21
• Added changes to many places in Global Mapper to let user select layer when creating new features. User choices are saved in their workspace file. Default layer names are generated for various processes that had been assigned to User Created Features.
• Added the ability to save modified LAS/LAZ data back to the original source files without doing a full export. This option is under the right-click Layer submenu of the Control Center when modified LAS/LAZ files are selected.
• Added a new feature to local detect peaks and depressions in a DEM as part of creating contour lines.
• Added a feature to record fly and walk mode paths as a feature line. The line can then be used to create a fly-through video.
Create Better Maps with Global Mapper
• Import, display, edit and export virtually any type of geospatial data; vector, raster, elevation, 2D, 3D, spatial database or expose the spatial characteristics of the data with powerful yet intuitive analytical tools
• Merge, tile, convert, mosaic, reproject, and print stunning maps
• Export and share data with most GIS or CAD systems
• Available network and USB dongle licensing provides multi-seat users with flexible licenses allowing easier access to the software across entire organizations
• Access numerous free online datasources via WMS
• Leverage the power of GeoCalc's library with the GEM Module
New Supported Formats
• Added the ability to upload maps to the MangoMap online map service
• Added support for loading TerraScan Trajectory (.trj) files
• Added support for GEBCO 2019 Data and SID Grids
• Added support for HDF5 files from Copernicus Global Land ServiceValid data sets include LAI, FCOVER, FAPAR, LCCS, NDVI, SSM, GDMP, DMP, LST, LSWT(see here for data set details)
• Added support for importing NetCDF (HDF5) files from GEBCO
• Imports HECRAS plan HDF5 files (*.Pxx.HDF) to show 'Depth' and 'Water Surface' data
• Added ability to export 3d models to 3D PDF
Try Global Mapper for free
Download and evaluate Global Mapper with a 14-day trial here.
Global Mapper 20 introduced a streamlined licensing process which integrates the activation of the software with a customer's online user account. This new interface simplifies the procedure for verifying an order number or even requesting a temporary trial license.
Single-User License (Node-locked)
Node-locked licenses of Global Mapper is licensed to a single computer only. Re-authorization provided only if software removal verification can be provided by customer. Customer system upgrades require un-installation verification prior to new licenses being issued.
Single-User Floating License
The Single User Floating license is a node-locked license that has the added ability to float from one computer to another with unlimited ease. Individual users can transfer the license as often as needed with the release/remove tool in the application. Only one computer can be authorized at one time, but the user has the flexibility to license a machine when and where they need it.
USB Dongle License
A small USB hardware key that you can plug into any PC. The portable design allows you to move your Global Mapper licenses between machines without network connections, or additional license files. This option only allows one user to access Global Mapper at a time.
Network License (minimum quantity of 2)
Blue Marble offers a network licensing option provided via FlexLM technology. Users can host the software on a network server or machine, check out a seat while they use the software and then return that license for others to access the software via the network all on the same, secure license. A minimum quantity of 2 must be purchased. Please contact us for a quote if you're interested.
|Software type||Terrain & vegetation|
|License Type||Maintenance & Support|